Here are some tips from Townhouse to help you find a great tenant.
1. Keep it warm – nobody likes a cold house! Mainly in the autumn, winter and early spring a warm home (or a light fire if you have one!) creates a really welcoming feel.
2. Keep it smelling nice – although we wouldn’t recommend cooking a curry before prospective tenants arrive, baking a loaf of bread or a little vanilla essence in the oven is a great way to help tenants remember your property.
3. Keep it clean and tidy – you only get once chance to make a first impression, to be at their best we recommend that you de-clutter your property as much as possible. This is the simplest way to hugely improve your chances of letting your property.
4. Keep it light and ambient – Lamps will help to create an attractive atmosphere in the evening and on dark days, and can soften sometimes harsh overhead lighting. In summer and during the day, make sure that curtains are opened and blinds are raised to allow for as much natural light as possible.
5. Leave it to us – we accompany all prospective tenants on viewings, and can go along way to help selling your property. Please contact us today to arrange a free no obligation valuation.